Which U.S. Visas are Available for People in the Arts and Entertainment Industry?

by Jennifer A. Grady, Esq. and Anthony Mance, Esq.

For artists, chefs, musicians, dancers, athletes, performers, and other individuals with talent in the art and entertainment industry, there are numerous visa types available to enter and work in the United States on a non-immigrant visa. Read below to learn about the visa types that may be available to such individuals.

O-1: Individuals With Extraordinary Ability or Achievement

TheImage O-1 visa is reserved for a very limited group of people possessing exceptional abilities in the arts, sciences, education, entertainment or business. To qualify for an O-1 visa, the applicant must not only be considered “world-class” in his or her profession, but must be internationally known and recognized for their achievements. According to USCIS, to qualify for an O-1 visa, the applicant must be able to demonstrate a “sustained national or international acclaim.”

As a general rule, a successful O-1 application will include letters of recommendation from recognized individuals and organizations in the relevant field, and demonstrable proof that the applicant is nationally or internationally recognized. Continue reading

Top 5 Facts You Need to Know About F-1 Student Visas


© US Embassy Canada, http://bit.ly/1g4Rydk

by Jennifer A. Grady, Esq.

If you are interested in coming to the United States as a student, the F-1 visa may be your best option.  Foreign nationals may enter the United States as nonimmigrants in order to engage in academic studies in the U.S., subject to certain restrictions.  These students, who can range from elementary school students to doctoral candidates and persons engaged in postdoctoral studies, are classified in the F visa category.  Continue reading