Now that your business is ready to hire employees, it becomes subject to California labor and employment laws. Wage and hour lawsuits have gone up 300% since the year 2000, and each lawsuit can costs employers hundreds of thousands of dollars in attorney’s fees, settlement costs, and lost profits.
Don’t be a statistic—arm yourself from employee lawsuits in this 2-hour course, in which you will learn:
- The difference between independent contractors and employees, and the consequences of misclassification;
- What needs to be included in payroll and wage statements;
- The top 6 mistakes employers make regarding I-9 employee eligibility forms;
- How to systematize employee requests for time off;
- Why you need an up-to-date Employee Handbook;
- How to Handle Requests for Disability Accommodation;
- Record keeping requirements;
- The importance of employee discipline and performance reviews; and
- Why you need to keep your head out of the sand, and when to hire a lawyer
COURSE ADMISSION INCLUDES:
- Class handouts
- Time for Q&A
- The opportunity to network with similarly situated entrepreneurs
- Access to private Ignite Startup School message boards, and
- Discount codes on Ignite Startup School Legal Services Packages
- Discounts on small business vendor services
Course Instructor: Jennifer A. Grady, Esq.
Course Length: 2 hours
Course Platform: Online webinar. Login information and course handouts will be provided the registrants in advance.
Disclaimer: The Content of Startup School 103 does not constitute legal or other professional advice. Course Instructor is licensed to practice law in California only.